And So It Begins

And hopefully it lasts.


Technically, "it" started yesterday, but I didn't take a photo of my shoes and Nike's leash to make it all official like. By "it" I mean that I started walking my puppy in the mornings for at least 30 minutes, which is accompanied by an (at least) 15 minute warm-up that includes stretching, crunches, and push-ups.

So there, Gut! Humph. I need to make some room for possibly another bun in the oven. Most of all, though, I just want to feel good about myself again...and not have a mini breakdown whenever I go into my closet to get dressed and see my beautiful pre-pregnancy clothes. That ever happen to anyone else? Anybody?

Anywho, I just got back from "it" and cooled down and feel good and awake and like I'm finally on the right track. I think that so often in the beginning of the year when people make their resolutions to lose weight, they psych themselves out so much by eating their last meal of junk food (me) or going out to buy tons of new workout gear (me) that they never end up even taking the first step toward their goal. In a way, they put so much value in their preparations that when actually beginning "it" comes up, it seems like a tired cause.

And hey, I've done that about three times since January 1st of this year. What feels different this time is that I didn't build up just going on a walk with my dog as this huge milestone postpartum. I don't know if that's just me, but I am a flippin' pro at psyching myself out of decisions that I feel will change me--for better or worse. It's a crazy complex of mine, but I'm on day two and feel good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...